Pebble is one of the most famous smart watches out there and it allows you to get main notifications from you smartphone including calls, messages, emails and other alerts directly on the watch. Pebble developed a nice SDK for developers in order to allow them to offer a better experience/integration with specific apps. gps4cam for Pebble is now available and it gives all gps4cam pro users the ability to track what’s going on during a trip while the app is recording your GPS locations in order to geotag your photos.
Now, with gps4cam for Pebble, gps4cam pro users can start a trip and put their iPhone away (in the backpack or your pocket for example) and forget about it. The users will be able to:
- Manually record a GPS location directly from the Pebble watch
- Get main information about the trip such as the name of the trip, the accuracy and the elapsed time since the last GPS capture.
- Check that everything is OK and that gps4cam pro didn’t encounter any problem such as absence of GPS signal during a long time.
We have also integrated 2 new features that will be much appreciated by gps4cam pro users (especially hikers). Those 2 features are:
- Getting updates of your longitude, latitude and altitude in real-time
- Getting your UTM coordinates in real-time
If you have a Pebble and you are wondering how to get gps4cam for Pebble, then there are 2 ways:
- You go to Pebble app store (on the “Pebble” app), search for “gps4cam” and download it (it will be pushed to your Pebble)
- You get the latest version of gps4cam pro. If your iPhone is connected to your Pebble via Bluetooth, once you launch gps4cam pro, it will propose you to install gps4cam for Pebble.
Either way, once you have gps4cam for Pebble on your Pebble, there is nothing else to do. Once you launch gps4cam pro, your dashboard will show up directly on your wrist (on Pebble) and you can start enjoying this new integration. A small Pebble icon will show up on the upper right of your gps4cam pro dashboard to let you know that gps4cam pro is paired with your Pebble (see image below).
We encourage all gps4cam pro users who have Pebbles or who can get one to test the new integration between gps4cam and Pebble, and send us their feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org. This first version is just a start and we’ll be enhancing it and adding new features based on your inputs.